Posted on August 20, 2012 by Nicolae Cismaru
If you're running Fanurio for the first time on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later, you will probably see the following message:
This message is misleading because there is nothing wrong with Fanurio. OS X 10.8 introduces a new security feature called Gatekeeper that prevents certain aplications from being installed.
Here's how to configure OS X to allow Fanurio to run.
1. Open Preferences
Go to Apple menu > System Preferences... > Personal > Security & Privacy > General. You will see three options that restrict the launching of applications:
- Mac App Store: Allows only applications downloaded from the Mac App Store to be launched.
- Mac App Store and identified developers: Allows applications downloaded from the Mac App Store and applications signed by certified Apple developers to be launched. This is the default setting in Mountain Lion.
- Anywhere: Allows all applications to be launched.
2. Allow applications from Anywhere
Click the lock icon to authenticate and select "Anywhere". Now you can run Fanurio because OS X will allow it.
3. Launch Fanurio
When you launch Fanurio, you will see the following message. Just click Open and it should start.
4. Restore Preferences
After you launch Fanurio, you can go back to System Preferences and change back the launch setting to "Mac App Store and identified developers".
Future versions of Fanurio (since March 2, 2015) will be able to run when the launch setting is set to "Mac App Store and identified developers".
Fanurio is being improved constantly.
Subscribe to the news feed to learn when new versions are released.
You can subscribe by email, with an RSS reader or by following us on your favourite social network.
- Fanurio 3.1.1 Released
- Fanurio 4.0 Beta1 Released - Introducing the server version
- HiDPI (Retina) support for OS X and Windows
- Fanurio 3.1 Released
- Fanurio 2.4.6, 2.5.2, 2.6.2, 2.7.1 and 3.0.2 Released
- Fanurio 3.1 Release Candidate Released
- Hello Yosemite
- Fanurio 3.1 Beta4 Released (deposits)
- Fanurio 3.0.1 Released
- Fanurio 3.1 Beta3 Released (lots of improvements)